Friday, May 11, 2012

Strike!

It is hot here already, and the splash pad by us hasn't opened yet.  luckily, a year or two ago I snagged this water table for only $15 at Walmart for one of the kids birthdays.  It sat outside all winter not used too often and getting very dirty, but the other day I cleaned it out and filled it up for the kids.  I looked out a couple of minutes later to find this!  Not exactly what it was meant for!


Brenna had come in to go potty and when she went back out I thought she might be pouring water on him or something as a game, but nope, she jumped right in the other side! 


The next time I looked  out a minute later, they were in the same side!  Silly silly kids!  This has become an almost daily activity now!


Jeremy had his 30th birthday!  This is the only picture I got.  I got him that shirt for his birthday!  It's for him, and me... I have a thing for yellow!


So, my question of the day, Owen has been on a bit of a nursing strike.  He will do it sometimes, but lots of times he won't.  He'll just scream and flail and spit and not eat.  So I have to pump a bottle and then he gobbles it down like he hasn't seen food in weeks!  The kids LOVE that he has a bottle sometimes because they love nothing more than taking care of their little brother!  BUT I only have a little hand pump, and it is not fun to pump at the last minute while he's screaming for food because he won't nurse!  Any suggestions for nursing strikes?  Or anybody with an electric breast pump they wouldn't mind me borrowing (and sanitizing before it's returned!)?  I haven't dealt with this before!  Should I just wait it out?



Lastly, this is Mason in his big boy undies.  He is so proud of them, and so am I.  Our only problem is getting him to poop in the potty now... still waiting for that one!  I try to watch him and see the signs and then run, but it's not too successful so far!  Still, what a big boy!  These are his monster trucks and he loves them!


3 comments:

Hedgecocks said...

Its common for babies to prefer bottle over breast. The bottle is easier...less work for them. Many a tears were shed over Kaige not nursing. I cried and prayed it out. Have you tried a shield? Personally ou just have to decide if you want him to be a bottle baby or insist on nursing. No fun! Good luck!

lynz said...

there is nothing cuter than a little boy in big boy undies! love it and i wish i had some advice on the pooping front - that was the easy part with beckam though! every kid is just so different and the thing i keep on trying to remember is…..patience :) such cute kids!!!

pam said...

i am beyond jealous that mason is nearly potty trained. i honestly don't think chet understands the concept one bit. wanna trade our boys for a bit?! i put chet in real undies for a few (very monitored) minutes in hopes of encouraging him to want to wear them more often but he didn't love them half as much as i do. i LOVE them! haha little boys in undies is adorable! i love that picture of mason... in a totally non-creepy way :)